Saturday, September 22, 2012

(Almost) All smiles for five miles

Fall has arrived, officially, in Atlanta and this morning's ATC Singleton 5 Miler was glorious. A little overcast, but not too hot and not too cool.
I'd not run this 5 miler before, another Atlanta Track Club-sponsored race, but I'll be ready to run it again next year.
I ran, for the first time, with my friend Kellie.
Me and Kellie before the race
Kellie is a much faster runner with me, so she was done in about 45 minutes and was able to capture my finishing moment.
Finishing strong!
I hadn't thought I would feel as good as I did today, given the way I've felt in the past two races. But I went for a massage yesterday and my therapist really worked on my right IT band. I can tell how much it helped today. My right knee did not hurt nearly as much. And I just felt better running this race. It's good to have a race like this -- makes me remember really why I enjoy running.
And it's even better when you get to share a race with a friend.
I even found two pennies on the course. I saw another penny and a dime, but I couldn't pick those up while running. The pig got fed today!
So, I was all smiles this morning, for almost all five miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment