Sunday, October 20, 2013

Run Like Hell, in the rain

Well, what's another 5K in Atlanta if I can't do it in the rain?
Jeez, I should have known the Resolution Run on Jan. 1 in a real downpour was going to set the tone for this year's running!
Saturday was one of my favorite races in Atlanta, the Run Like Hell in Historic Oakland Cemetery. I ran it with my friend Erin. And wouldn't you know, it was a light drizzle and cool for the race.
Me and Erin
A section of Oakland Cemetery
One reason I really love this race is folks really go all out for Halloween and come in costumes. There is a lot of originality in some of the costumes, but I sure wonder how they run in them!
Here's a funny costume of a hospital patient. I ran most of the race near this guy and the butterfly gals who were with him.
Hospital patient costume
Then there were these fun costumes:
Mario Brothers

Minions

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Bud Light six pack
 I saw this Bud Light six pack on the route. They were one of the last runners on the course, and they were about to hit a really tough hill that is part of the  course. I don't know how they were going to make it!
Despite the rain, it was a decent run. It was a light rain, so it wasn't too bad. When we finished, we took a quick peek around the cemetery. Here is the grave of historic golfer Bobby Jones. I think I've posted this grave site before, but those who visit often leave golf balls for him.
Bobby Jones' grave site
Once the race was finished, I was home in time to cheer on my Missouri Tigers, who beat the Florida Gators to remain undefeated. this is an exciting year for Missouri! And the volleyball team beat Florida today to be 23-0!! How about that?
I'm still in training for the Savannah Rock N Roll Half Marathon.
Today's 9-mile training run was hard. I really felt like I had dead legs. I know it's OK to have one crappy run before the big race. I'm hoping this was it.
Otherwise, I'm going to have to Run Like Hell to get to that finish line in three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment