Saturday, September 27, 2014

Meaningful Miles

I'm well behind in my blog, but I've run some very meaningful miles in the past two months.
I'll start with the Meaningful Miles 4-miler that benefited Back on My Feet, a nonprofit that teaching homeless men, and now women, the joy of running.
Atlanta has a chapter and I've wanted to run its charitable run for a couple of years, and this year I was able to sync my schedule.
It was one of the most joyful pre-race atmosphere. The event began with an explanation of Back on My Feet, with testimonials from some of the participants. Then we all did the "circle up." It was very powerful.
Hearing what Back on My Feet means to participants

The course itself is pretty rough. There is a hill early on that I've had to face before. And facing it during an August race. Grr.
They had photographers at a great spot along the course, however, and so here I am along the race.
Downtown Atlanta

Who's that runner?!

My next race in August was the Magnolia Run. This is a big race that benefits the Epilepsy Foundation and always has a great turnout. But it was another hot, humid race.
That's pretty much been my running this entire summer. Hot and humid.
But some of those hot and humid miles were very meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment