Saturday, November 14, 2015

An honor to run

Cooler fall temps have certainly returned to Atlanta. I was not quite prepared to pull out the long pants and long shirts for running. I was sure I'd get to wear my running capris at least once!
This morning I ran the DAV 5K with my friend Angela at Piedmont Park. It benefited disabled American vets. As you can see from the photo of us at the finish, it was a bright blue morning.
Me and Angela, post race
That was a far cry from last weekend's race. I attempted to run Strong Legs Run 10K again this year, but Mother Nature had other ideas. A thunderstorm rolled through around 4 a.m. and flooded some of the race course, so the race was canceled. Race organizers decided to continue with the 5K race, but that started two hours after my friends Erin and Carolyn and I got there. We decided to go get coffee to warm up and then nixed going back to the race. :)
Erin, Carolyn and me
So once again I had a race get canceled on me this fall. I just wish I'd gotten the email that this one canceled before I'd left the house! Oh well. The coffee and fellowship was wonderful.
I'm closing out on my races for 2015. It's been a great year, other than the tendinitis in my foot!
And in just a few weeks I should pick up another state!

No comments:

Post a Comment