Wednesday, February 24, 2016

On a mission

What a great run I had Saturday morning at the Atlanta Mission Race Against Homelessness 5K.
It was held in downtown Atlanta and the weather was nearly perfect. It was in the low 40s to start and overcast. Would have been nicer to see a little more sunshine, but I've run this race when it was 19 degrees out, so I won't complain!
The race starts and finishes at Centennial Olympic Park and it was a big pre-race party at the start.
Me at the pre-race party
 There was a big stage and the emcee was getting everyone up and dancing. There were even mascots Freddie the Falcon and Courage the Lion (from Fidelity Bank) and they had a good ol' time doing a mascot dance off.
How mascots get down
I ran the race in 38:05, so I was pretty pleased. It was Mission Possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment