Saturday, March 12, 2016

Early luck of the Irish

I ran the Shamrock N Roll 10K just a week after the half marathon.
It was a crisp, clear morning. A really beautiful morning for a race.
At first, I wasn't sure how I would do because I'd been so tired after the half marathon that I hadn't run at all.
This is that two loop course around Atlantic Station. The course isn't that great. And there is that hill up Northside Drive. And as a 10K participant, I get to do that hill twice!
As it turns out, I did pretty well on this course. I ran it in one of my better 10K times.
There were photographers along the course and this year the race photos were free. But then, sometimes you don't want the free ones. I mean really, you can't get me when I'm smiling? Because I did smile at you Mr. Photographer. And I waved! Where is THAT photo?
I must be thinking how much I dislike this course!
Oh well, what are you going to do? I had the luck of the Irish on the course, but not with the photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment