Sunday, September 11, 2016

Rise Up to Run

I ran the Atlanta Track Club's Rise Up & Run 5K Saturday.
I'd run this race before and it is so much fun. You finish the race on the 50 yard line of the Georgia Dome. And this is the last year that will happen.
Next year, the race will end in the brand new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, currently under construction right next to the Georgia Dome.
The new stadium under construction is behind me
 I had hoped to run the race with my co-worker Doug, but he had to bail this morning. It was a big race! More than 4,000 signed up this year. It's great that it is growing. Because I knew the parking would be busy, I got there early, so got to see the sunrise over the city.

The Flare statue with the sunrise and the city behind
I actually took another 2 minutes off last week's 5K time, so I was very happy with this race. And the finish was great!
Finished on the 50!

Rise Up and Run!
 This year we also got very nice finisher's medals at the end of the race.
Finisher's medal
I'm looking forward to Rising Up and running this race next year. See you on the 50 yard line!

No comments:

Post a Comment