Thursday, October 13, 2016

A storm named Matthew

Well, it finally happened. I went to a state and had the race get canceled!
I was all set to run a 5K in Virginia Beach last weekend, but Hurricane Matthew had other ideas.
I was there for a family vacation at the beach for a week, and I signed up for a charity 5K to knock Virginia off the list. I was so looking forward to this vacation and race! Ah, but Mother Nature had other ideas.
Not only did my 5K get canceled, but we ended up cutting our vacation short by a couple of day, opting to bug out before the weather went south and the low areas of where we were flooded.
So, I've got to go back to Virginia to pick up that state.
Still, we managed to have fun, even in if the weather was less than ideal for a beach week.
Watching the waves come in

Sunset on the beach

Footprints in the sand
Once the race was canceled, I considered running a 5K on the treadmill at the condo where we were staying, starting the inaugural Sandbridge at Sanctuary Park 5K (the name of the condo where we were staying). I wanted to get my young nephews involved, having them make me a race number and have them give me cups of water at every mile on the treadmill. But then we left two days early, so that never happened. Oh well!
I think I'll choose a race inland. Just so I didn't have to contend with any more storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment