Saturday, December 3, 2016

Back in the groove, sort of

I ran One Love, One Heart 5K this morning in the Medlock Park area of Decatur.
I really enjoy this race, which starts at 10 a.m., but not the course, which is so hilly!
What I didn't realize until just now is that it has been a MONTH since my last race. No wonder I was so slow this morning!
Well, that and I've managed to injure my high hamstring. So, I really do have a pain in my butt. And I think I did it two weeks ago while getting into the car! Getting old stinks.
It was my first race at the age of 53, and I came in second in my age group (which was 50-59) but in this race it's win or go home. So I went home. LOL No second place plaque for me!
My next race is in a couple of weeks, but I'll be getting back in the groove. I've got to. I've signed up for the Anchorage Half Marathon in June of next year! I'm going to Alaska!!

No comments:

Post a Comment