Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Runs 4 fun

The Peachtree Road Race is just over and just when you think you are done with longer distance racing, the Decatur DeKalb 4 Miler comes along just a week and a half after July 4.
This is another free Atlanta Track Club race and this year, since it takes place so close to Tucker, the Tucker Running Club was out in full force.
We were also honoring the memory of a Tucker Running Club member, Janet, who was hit and killed by a car while she was running along the sidewalk shortly after this race last year.
Tucker Running Club before the race
I ran the race with my friend Natasha, who is doing heart-rate training. That means she runs a slow, steady pace as she works to build her endurance. It was great to run it with her. I even met two of Natasha's Black Girls Run running buddies, Letitia and Rhonda, and both of them joined Tucker Running Club, too!

Natasha, me, Letitia and Rhonda at the start
This race is hot and hilly, but then, I seem to say that about all races in metro Atlanta in the summer. I like that this one is so close to my house. Always nice to do a neighborhood race.
We finished!
I know it is hot now, and come January when I am standing at the start of the Resolution Run in 29 degree temps, I'll look back on this race fondly. After all, I run 4 fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment