Friday, November 9, 2018

Haunted Rhodes

I always have fun at the Rhodes Race at the Haunted Castle, which happens right around Halloween.
This year, I ran it with my friend Donna and ran into three other members of the Tucker Running Club.
Me with human and puppy running friends
 The race is at Rhodes Hall in Atlanta, the former home of the founder of Rhodes furniture. The home is ornate, and is one of the last of the old Atlanta homes still standing. Most along Peachtree were torn down for more modern things.
Rhodes Hall in the background

Donna, me and Lisa

Me and Donna

Almost set to start
 The race runs around Ansley Park and its neighborhood and some homes really go all out for Halloween. The home below had a sea dragon, a pirate ship and lots of blue sharks.
All decorated for Halloween
I had a pretty good race and it was fun to see folks dressing up themselves and their dogs and children for the race. I wore my Harley Quinn cape, but I need to step up my game and make a real running costume to go with it. Next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment