Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A personal best

How did the month of December slip by?
It has been a busy month, although not with a lot of running for me. My final 5K of the year happened Dec. 3, when I clocked my fastest 5K of the year.
That was a nice little surprise. I've run the course around Medlock Park in Decatur before, and I know how hilly it is. During the race, a spectator on the sideline yelled "It's all uphill from here!" He wasn't kidding.
So imagine my surprise when I round the corner to head to the finish line and I can see it is a sub 35 minute race. I knew if I gave it a little extra kick, I'd clock my best 5K time of the year. That is exactly what I did!
I was hoping to run one more 5K in December, but then I got the crud that has been going around and I was under the weather for a good two weeks.
That doesn't mean I haven't been signing up for races in the new year. I'm going to run the Resolution Run 5K on Jan. 1. This will be the first time I've ever done a New Year's Day race. I think it is a good way to start 2012.
And on New Year's Eve I plan to break open the piggy (well, not BREAK open) and see how much found money I found in 2011. I think I'll keep that tradition going. It has been fun to put that money aside just to see what I get at the end of the year.
Don't worry, I'll blog about the "earnings."

No comments:

Post a Comment