Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new year

Here it is the start of 2012 and I've already logged my first 5K!
I ran the Resolution Run 5K in Kennesaw, Ga. this morning. There were a lot of people in attendance. Nice to see a good crowd for a 5K.
My friend Nicole and I ran this one together.
Me and Nicole before the race
And here we are after the race, still looking fresh as daisies!
All smiles post race.
For a January race, this one sure was warm. It was 61 degrees at the finish. I wished I had warn shorts instead of my capri running pants.
I spent New Year's Eve with my neighbor Christine and her family, having a wonderful dinner, then watching a movie. As the year came to a close, we "broke open" my piggy and counted all of my found money in 2011.
My "found money" piggy bank
Drum roll, please!
I found $4.42 in 2011. Well, let's just say that's what I picked up. During many a race I saw coins on the ground but for the safety of myself and others, could not have picked them up. I leave those for some other eagle-eyed runner or walker. :)
I will certainly enjoy a cup of coffee or whatever with that $4.42.
And how did I do on my first 5K of the year? Wouldn't you know it, I spotted a nickel, but it was embedded in the asphalt. But I will continue to keep a sharp eye for more.
After all, my piggy is now empty and hungry for more cash in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment