Friday, April 19, 2013

Keep Running

It has been a tough week as a runner and as a human being.
The bombing at the Boston Marathon hurt me deeply. How many times have I crossed a finish line, feeling euphoric, just so happy to have completed a tough race? To have that euphoria taken away, and to see those beautiful faces of those killed -- simply there to cheer on someone like me -- was heart breaking.
Tonight, on the news, the final suspect is in custody.
As an old police reporter, I honestly thought he was dead. I watched the body language of the police on TV and thought, "They are too calm. He's dead."
But, the suspect is alive and in custody. Let justice be served.
And so, I get ready for another 5K tomorrow.
Because runners, like many other athletes, believe in the spirit of sport, and won't be cowed by terror.
We will keep running. Keep running

No comments:

Post a Comment