Sunday, November 3, 2013

Anything IS possible

There are times I know I am a complete runnerd.
Who else would run a 10K on Saturday morning and turn around and run a 5K at almost 2 a.m. on Sunday? Well, me.
I ran the Anything Is Possible 5K at 1:50 a.m. this morning. Why 1:50 a.m.? Well, you start the race right before Daylight Saving Time ends in the United States, so you end up finishing the race before you start it. Get it?
I really had no intention of running this race this year.
After all, I had signed up for the Strong Legs Run 10K Saturday morning. I really didn't expect to run another 5K on top of that! But I did!
I convinced my friend Kellie to run the Anything Is Possible 5K last year and she enjoyed it so much she wanted to do it again this year. How could I say no??
Me and Kellie
 To be honest, I was kind of dreading this race. I ran the best 10K time I'd run in years Saturday morning and had a very busy Saturday. I never had time to take a quick nap and feel refreshed for the race.
When the alarm went off at midnight I was not all that sure I was going to get my behind out of the nice warm bed! But I did.
And after the race was over I was so glad that I had.
Kellie invited a couple more friends along.
Me, Sasha, Joy and Kellie
Sisters, Sasha and Joy
Sasha and Joy are sisters and they are just as nice as they can be. There were really good sports to do a 5K in the middle of the night!
We all had fun. Kellie absolutely smoked the race, coming in at 25 minutes.
I ended up running, even though I had fully intended on walking, but my legs still felt pretty good. I didn't too badly, even though I was a little slower than last year.
Here I am coming in at the finish, courtesy of Kellie, who is Ms. Speedy.
At the finish
Today I have taken it easy, enjoying a nice walk with a neighbor.
Next up is the half marathon in Savannah. Will I do better than my time in Nashville earlier this year?
After all of this training, I truly believe anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment