Saturday, March 29, 2014

I am woman, hear me roar

I ran the Atlanta Women's 5K for the second time. I actually have signed up for this race three times, but last year's race got washed out by pretty spectacular lightning storms and rain.
Incredibly, the Atlanta Track Club-sponsored race was supposed to see rain again this year.
As I did last week for the Publix Georgia Half Marathon, I toted my rain poncho throughout the race, which staved off the wet! We managed to get the whole race in without heavy rain.
Erin and I ran this race together, and we both did very well. Once again, this race is very hilly, and we came in just over 36 minutes. I looked up my 2011 time. I was 40 seconds faster this year!
That's pretty darn nice.
Me and Erin before the race
For the second year, this race had some really nice swag. We got a Smart Glass  necklace and I got a cobalt blue necklace, which I had been Jonesing for since last year.
All in all, a great 5K.

No comments:

Post a Comment