Saturday, May 24, 2014

Old race, new course

For the first time in several years, I ran the Komen Race for the Cure in Atlanta.
I had run the race for several years, but then a couple other races, like the Komen Race for the Cure in Chicago, conflicted with the Atlanta race.
This year, the race was in a new location at Lenox Square in Buckhead and had a new course, probably a little more challenging than the previous course at Atlantic Station in Midtown.
The one good thing for me about the new course was it was right across the street from my office building, and I parked there, rather than park far away.
It worked out for the building's security guard, too, because she forgot her key card to get in and I was there to let her into the building! :)
I only saw two friends at the race this year, which was a bit disappointing; although another friend said she saw me, and tried to catch my attention, but didn't.
Meeting up with friends 

Lovely Lisa
 Not a bad race today, and really kind of a tune up for what is next -- The Rock N Roll Portland Half Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment