Sunday, May 11, 2014

Squeezing out a run

I'm a little behind in the blog again, but I've run some fun races recently.
I'll start with The Big Squeeze 5K, which I ran with my friend Kellie in late April. I've never run this race before. It's a 5K that is part of the Lemonade Days Festival in Dunwoody and takes place entirely in Brook Run Park.
The race was pretty much a double loop through the park and was on a Sunday morning.
Me and Kellie before the race
I had picked Kellie up, and she told me her daughter was singing in the church choir that morning and she was hoping to hear her.
Now remember, I'm the slower runner. I knew Kellie would finish quickly and be waiting on me, and I didn't want her to miss the concert!
At the same time, I didn't think I was having a particularly good race. My legs felt kind of heavy, but I kept pushing myself because I didn't want my running slower be the reason she might miss the concert.
I got toward the finish and saw the time clock. I was running my best 5K in a long while! I came in just under 35 minutes.
Finishing strong!
So I put the squeeze on this race and Kellie made it to church on time to hear the concert. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment