Sunday, December 7, 2014

Here's to a Fifty-One-derful Year

Well, my 51st year has certainly started out quite well!
I ran the One Love, One Heart 5K on Dec. 6 and came in first in my age group!
The weather in Atlanta that day was horrible. About an hour and a half before the start of the race, the sky opened up and it just poured down rain. I broke out the rain poncho and headed out.
I honestly did think that if I went to the race I might stand a chance of winning in my age group, simply because it's a small community race and the rain would keep some folks home.
But it really was a nice surprise that I actually DID win my age group, with a time of 36:11 no less.
First in age group!
And I was paid a very nice compliment, too. When I put my time slip in the proper age basket, I asked if I had won my age group because there were no other slips in the basket. The race director was nearby and said "Check her ID. She can't be 50!"
I hope that is a good omen for all of the races I have planned for the coming year. I hope it truly is a Fifty-One-derful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment