Saturday, January 17, 2015

Out in the cold

The last two 5Ks I've run remind me why running in Atlanta in January can be so unpredictable.
I ran the Frostbite 5K on Jan. 10. Two years ago I ran the race in a T-shirt and shorts. Last year it got canceled because of lightning. This year it went off without a hitch, but it was so cold!
I felt like I had lead legs, too. So I didn't really have a great race time. Usually I feel like I should run better when it's cold and low humidity.
This morning's 5K, the MLK Day 5K - Let Freedom Run was even colder! 19 degrees at the start.
I ran this with my friend Erin today.
Erin and me before the race
I did a little bit better on my time, but I felt like I was running too fast. I felt like I couldn't catch my breath. Maybe that's the trick. I came in 30 seconds faster than last week!
But all in all, I don't want to be out in the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment