Friday, February 13, 2015

Hot chocolate, cold race

I ran my second Hot Chocolate race Jan. 25, but unlike last year, I upped the mileage to the 15K.
Let me just say, I'm one and done.
It started and finished at Turner Field in Atlanta, and this is a course that I've basically run before.
At the start

Hot Chocolate fun

 And it's hilly. Really hilly.
I was expecting to run the race with my three friends I ran it with last year, but none of them could make it, so I was a solo runner on this one.
The race morning was cold. I was glad I had purchased a parking pass so I was able to sit in the car until closer to the race start. I wasn't the only one!
The race wound all around the "lower" part of downtown Atlanta, but it did also go through Georgia Tech's campus, which is always nice. Running down Greek row reminded me of my own time at Mizzou, even though I wasn't in a sorority. I did spend some time at parties at fraternities my freshman year! :)
The 15K course had fun "energy stations." They included giant chocolate chips, strawberry marshmallows, chocolate marshmallows, and tootsie rolls. Now, with my braces, I couldn't enjoy half of the offerings at those stations!
But at the finish there was hot chocolate to warm you up, and chocolate fudge, with lots of good things to dunk in it, like a banana, Rice Krispie treats, or another marshmallow.
I tried all of them.
Here I am closer to the finish:
Getting close!

Are we finished yet?

Still on my feet!

And at last a finisher.
Finished with my medal
The finisher's medal
The finisher's medal is shaped like a chocolate bar, and I'll be honest, this is the entire reason I ran the 15K. I wanted the cute finisher's medal!
Now that I have it, I'm not so sure I'll run this race again. It was fun, but there are other races to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment