Saturday, April 25, 2015

Peace Love Run in the Rain

What is it with me and running races in downpours?
This morning's 5K was the Peace Love Run 5K in Woodstock, Ga. (get it?)
Yesterday I went to the dollar store looking for some love beads or peace stuff, hoping to look Groovy for the race. I ended up with some flower barrettes for my hair, but all of that was a wash this morning when I woke up to the sound of pretty heavy rain.
I packed my trusty rain poncho and picked up my friend Erin.
Now, mind you, Woodstock is about 45 minutes (without traffic on a Saturday morning) from Erin's house. And that drive was not all that fun.
We got there, thinking we may have just driven up to have the race canceled. We did see lightning, although it was infrequent.
But the race organizers were pretty enthusiastic that we were going to run the race, so here we are prepared to start!
Erin & Me in our stylish rain ponchos. :)
 The course was enclosed, all around River Ridge High School in Woodstock. Not my favorite course. It was windy, surprisingly hilly (for a high school campus that must have been graded before it was built), and really rather boring. But that really didn't matter as we were just trying to book it to get out of the rain!
About half way through, the rain tapered off. Hooray!
We ran a fairly fast race. Or, I should say, I ran a fairly fast race for me.
Here we are coming in at the finish:
coming in fast at the finish

A quick cool down lap after finishing
And don't we both look stylish in our Skirt Sports running skirts?
Syling and profiling
Erin is a Skirt Sports ambassador this year, and I'm 100 percent jealous because I got the same application she did, only I never filled it out! I certainly will next year!
I'm afraid this was likely a one and one race for me. Woodstock is way the heck OTP (that's Outside the Perimeter for you non-Atlantans) and the boring course will likely keep me from doing it again, too.
But I'm glad I did it once. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment