Sunday, May 3, 2015

Beating the Street with Pete the Cat

I've run a local race that has been on my bucket list for at least four years.
It's the Beat the Street for Little Feet 5K. Why have I wanted to run this race? For the T-shirt!
The T-shirt always has a picture of Pete the Cat, created by Savannah artist James Dean.
But it seemed I was always either signed up for some other race, or out of town. This year the stars aligned and I ran the race with my friend Erin. Here I am "at the finish" with Pete.

Not quite the finish line, but cute nonetheless!

Erin finished with Pete, too
The course was around the Oakhurst area of Decatur and I'm telling you it was pretty hilly. I had not run the course before and both Erin and I groused about a couple of the hills. We turned in a fairly good run, though.
Finishers!
I've been wearing the coveted T-shirt all weekend. I know it is now among one of my favorites. Thanks, Pete!

No comments:

Post a Comment