Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Gallop & Groove

After a two week hiatus of running in a sanctioned race, I was back this past Saturday with the Gallop & Groove 5K.
It was the first time I'd done this one, which was part of the Candler Park Arts & Music Festival.
What a hilly course! I think I say that about every course I run in Atlanta, so perhaps I should just not point that out any more. Atlanta is hilly!
The race started at 10 a.m., which is almost late for a late spring/early summer race in Atlanta. I was afraid it was going to be sweltering, but the morning was actually very pleasant.
I didn't do too badly, but when I checked my race time the next morning I was surprised to see I'd come in second in my age group! I was delighted, even if there were only two of us in my age group. Ha ha!
The only way I can place in my age group these days.
Still, it was nice to see.
Next time I'll try to gallop a little faster to see if I can't win first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment