Friday, August 21, 2015

Getting Back on My Feet

I feel like I've taken a longer than usual break from running, but that's not the case.
Still, Saturday's Back on My Feet, Meaningful Miles 4-miler made me realize I HAD taken a break.
This is my second year running this race and I just love the event. Not the course, just the event!
The race takes place in Atlanta's Old Fourth Ward neighborhood and the race literally starts uphill.
That North Avenue hill at the start is no joke. I thought I could run slowly up it, but ended up walking almost right away.
Still, it's a great race, benefiting Back on My Feet, which helps homeless men and women learn self-discipline through running.
I ran this with my friend Kellie, and it was great to see her again.
Getting Back on Our Feet
The race also marked the return to half marathon training. The Baltimore Crab Festival half marathon isn't that far away. I'm looking forward to it, and to fall weather for running.
I'm looking forward to getting back on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment