Saturday, August 22, 2015

Wag the Dog

I ran a new 5K this morning, the Walk, Wag N Run 5K.
This race in Brookhaven benefited Ahimsa House, a domestic violence shelter that allows pets. I'm so glad I ran this race and helped this cause. I believe this race will make my list for years to come.
I met up with my friends Ellie and Dave and their dog, Zaxby.
Me, Ellie,Dave and the Zaxster!
Zaxby meets a friend!
The race was in the Lenox Park part of Brookhaven and had a few hills. But I was very surprised that I did so well. I came in at 38 minutes flat! I slowed down the third mile, but until then I was running 11:30 minute miles! Yay, me!
Coming in to the finish
These are definitely the dog days of summer, but I was very happy to help doggies, kitties and their humans get out of very bad situations. Until next year, ruff!

No comments:

Post a Comment