Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Sisters are doing it for themselves

I ran the Atlanta Women's 5K March 29 with a newly minted sister, my friend Angela!
We ran the race, one of Atlanta Track Club's offerings, around Chastain Park and this year we signed up as a sisters team, "Too Cool for McSchool," a play on both of our last names.
It was a good morning for running, but my legs weren't exactly feeling it. Probably because spring has sprung in Atlanta and my allergies were just starting to kick in. I took an allergy pill that morning and although I could breathe, it made me so thirsty.
Here we are before the start.
Me and Angela, looking too cool

Finished!
 For the first year, we received a nice finisher's medal for the 5K. In year's past, we've received a nice piece of Smart Glass Jewelry, and although I'm a bit disappointed we didn't receive that this year, the finisher's medal is lovely, and it has a charm in the center you can remove and use to make your own jewelry. I think I'll leave it where it is.
Charming finisher's medal

This is a great race, even if our sister's team didn't win or place, we sure had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment