Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Komen at 10 Years

I ran Komen Race for the Cure Saturday as a 10-year survivor.
What was nice about this race is it really never even occurred to me. I never thought 10 years ago that I would not really thing about cancer. It's a wonderful feeling.
It was a great race morning. Low humidity and temps weren't so bad. Nice for Atlanta in early May!
This is what 10 years looks like
I ran the race, which is pretty hilly. Although I thought I hadn't do pretty well, I did better than last year.
I also ran into my friend Carolyn, also a survivor, who is running a marathon in all 50 states.
Carolyn and me
Two running buddy survivors. Thankfully, I think of Carolyn as a running buddy now, not really as a survivor. It's a nice place to be. Runner rather than survivor.
I also ran into my friend Jill, who was my physical therapist shortly after all of my cancer surgeries. She's also a survivor. Or rather a cancer thriver. I like that term better.
Jill and me
We received survivor medals again this year, and they were sun catchers. My third sun catcher finisher's medal!
Sun catcher finisher's medaal

I'm honored to run Komen for a 10th year as a survivor. Let's hope we all make it to 20, 30, 40, 50 and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment