Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Running on the (fire)fly

I ran the Firefly 5K Saturday night.
I ran it its inaugural year with my friend Rachel, and this year my friend Angela wanted to do this race.
It was fun to see Angela and run into fellow Mizzou alums Karen and Kyle. Angela went to Mizzou as well, so we almost had a Tiger Team!
Angela, me, Karen and Kyle
The race started around 7:45 p.m. but it really wasn't all that dark like the first year I ran it, when the race was in October. Angela got blinking earrings for herself and me. They were cute! I went to Michael's to buy glow in the dark bracelets and wouldn't you know it, I must have gotten a package that had been there for three years. Those things did. not. glow.
Angela and I, for various reasons, ended up walking most of the race, which was entirely contained in Piedmont Park. That made it kind of a tough course, since parts of it are really narrow for the number of people who showed up for the race.
Despite that, this is a race Angela and I will laugh about later, you know, on the fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment