Saturday, August 6, 2016

4 miles of heat

I'm behind in the blog, so let me get caught up.
I ran the Atlanta Track Club's Decatur-DeKalb YMCA 4 Miler two weeks ago. Met up with Angela, Carolyn and Susan for the race.
It was a hot four miles, and Angela's knee began to bother her badly, so we walked a good deal of it. That one won't go down as one of my fastest!
But, it's always fun to run with friends. We had planned to go to breakfast afterward, but ended up walking up to Arden's Garden smoothie shop and had a healthier treat.
Susan, me, Carolyn and Angela
The day after the race, I drove up to South Carolina to pick up my nephew Chase and had a fun half-week with him in Atlanta. We went to Zoo Atlanta and the Children's Museum of Atlanta, plus other little trips around town. Then I got his younger brother Gavin for the rest of the week and we did all the same sightseeing. It was a whirl of a week. Those boys keep me on my toes!
It was grand, and I enjoy being a fun aunt.
That's sort of why I haven't run in a couple of weeks. I needed to recover from all the fun I had with my nephews!

No comments:

Post a Comment