Sunday, August 14, 2016

Meaningful Miles and wine

I pretty much lost my mind yesterday and signed up to run two 5Ks.
Turns out I could only run one of them, the Back on My Feet Meaningful Miles 5K, that morning. It was SO HOT for the Ultimate Wine Run 5K at 5 p.m. Saturday I could only walk.
I really do enjoy the Meaningful Miles 5K and the cause it supports -- helping homeless men and women through running.
The morning race was humid, but I actually ran a minute faster than last week, so that was good.
I got home, took a nap, then got ready for the second 5K of the day.
It was held out at Turner Field. We had a group of six of us and our team name was the Pinot Pacers.
Pinot Pacers ready to run!
It was so hot. It was 90 degrees and we all attempted to run a bit of it, but almost immediately I had to start walking. I didn't put any sunscreen on, and I didn't bring water with me. Mistake!
Still, we had fun, despite some of the organizational issues of this race. Let's just say, there wasn't much organization and I won't run this race again.
We did finish, and we did get some wine at the end, but 90 degree wine isn't so refreshing!
Finishers!

Susan and Carolyn

Michelle, Dana and Angela

Me (being photobombed, LOL)

Finisher's medal
 We got a finisher's medal, a stemless wine glass and we also got a bonus wine glass because we had the VIP package.
My new wine glass. ha ha
This will come in handy at the beach in Virginia Beach in October!
After the race, we all went out for pizza and had a great time. It was just a fun group of women, most of whom just met each other, but we all got along great and had commonalities. Just so fun.
I will say I got home and considered watching some of the Olympics, but I was sunburned and really tired. After all, I ran some meaningful miles and had wine with friends! I had a big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment