Thursday, January 19, 2017

Drumming and running

I can certainly tell I am WAY out of running practice. I had the MLK Day Drum Run 5K on Monday and my legs felt heavy afterward. Time to get back at it and run more, be inactive less.
I met up with my running buddies Angela, Carolyn and Susan for the race.
  
Susan, Angela, me and Carolyn
This is the race that has middle and high school drum lines along the route, which is completely contained within Piedmont Park in Atlanta.
Hearing the beat
This race, because it is within Piedmont Park, is part cross country race, part 5K. You start by running across the meadow and then winding around walking and running trails in the park.
Coming into the finish
I must have enjoyed the race, I'm smiling!
We finished up the race and met up with Susan and Carolyn's friend Donna, who has become my newest running buddy.
Finishers!
It was a great race. The temps were cool, but not cold. And it was good to get back to running.

No comments:

Post a Comment