Monday, January 2, 2017

A new year of running

I started 2017 on the right foot -- at the Resolution Run 4 Miler.
I've run the Atlanta Track Club's Resolution Run for several years now and I just love it, because it starts my year, and running year, off right! This year it was cool and rainy, but thankfully the rain tapered off after the first mile and there was just a light drizzle/mist for the final three miles.
Along the course

Coming in toward the finish
I was supposed to run the race with my friend Angela, but she was running late, so we didn't catch up with each other until after the race. In fact, we almost missed each other, but I found out she had been waiting for me at the finish and I must have walked right past her. In my defense, I did tell her at the end of the race, my brain did not have dibs on my blood supply. Ha!
The race turned out to be profitable, too. I found two pennies along the route. Back to collecting found money in 2017!
All finished!

Cute fellow runners getting into the new year spirit

We found each other!
It may not look it, but I was a little tired at the start (and finish!) of the race. I had gone to bed early knowing I would be up early for the race, but my neighbors had other ideas and were shooting off fireworks and, I think, guns at midnight. Not very conducive to sleep. So I got up and signed up for a half marathon in Indianapolis at the early bird rate! I guess it was meant for me to be up to ring in the new year.
So I have the three half marathons and states I plan for 2017: Alaska, South Dakota and Indiana. I expect one or two other states, but those will just be 5Ks. Still, it will be a great new year of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment