Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Breaking my fast from running

I've been down with a bad cold since Jan. 29. I started to feel off that day and by Monday, Jan. 30, I was really congested and feeling poorly.
I wasn't exactly recovered but I met up with my running buddy Michelle for the FastBreak 5K, which is an Atlanta Track Club race done in conjunction with the Atlanta Hawks basketball team.
Ready to run with Michelle
The race started at Philips Arena, home of the Hawks. The morning was cold, and I wasn't feeling that great, so my time on this 5K was pretty slow. I managed to run the first mile, but then there was a lot of walking in miles two and three.
Post-race fun
The race wasn't too bad. The nice part of the race was runners got a ticket to a Hawks game and Michelle and I, and our running friend Dana, went to the game that night. The Hawks played, and beat, the Orlando Magic.
Pre-game festivities
I really enjoyed the race and the game that night, despite not feeling well. It's one I'll likely do next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment