Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Running with a mission

My final 5K in February and still fighting off the crud. This has been a tough month! I do not like being sick for so long.
I ran the Atlanta Mission 5K with several running buddies Saturday, Feb. 18. I've run this race before, and I've run it when it was really, really cold out, which brings home the goal of ending homelessness. The weather was really nice this year, other than a little drizzle about half way through the race.
Ready to run!

Finisher's medal
So this race didn't hand out finisher's medals, but you could buy one for $5. When I saw them, I decided I did want one. As my friend Angela, who also got one, said, it's only $5 and the money goes to the Atlanta Mission.
I'm glad to have gotten out to run the race, but I must say I'm glad I don't have a race next weekend. Of course, then I'll probably be feeling better and will want to get out and run!
Maybe I can make it my mission to feel better AND go for a run next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment