Monday, September 18, 2017

Running those meaningful miles

After a crazy week, with no power for two days and just general upheaval thanks to Tropical Storm Irma, I ran one of my favorite 5Ks in Atlanta, the Back on My Feet Meaningful Miles 5K.
This race used to be a four miler, but is now a 5K. It still retains that crazy hill on North Avenue near the Historic Fourth Ward Park, though.
I ran this race with my friend Angela, and somehow managed to forget to take our picture either before or after the race!
So no smiling faces of accomplishment. Oh well.
This race benefits Back on My Feet Atlanta, which helps homeless men and women through the discipline of running. It is always a joy to see folks come out and celebrate human endeavor and achievement.
It makes for some very meaningful miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment