Thursday, September 14, 2017

Oh, the Humana-ty 5K

I've run a lot of Rock N Roll Marathon series races (all half marathons, thank you very much) and I like the support the race organizers give. I think it might be pretty pricey compared to other races, but there is good support.
So imagine my delight when a FREE 5K came to Atlanta courtesy of the Rock N Roll series. Sign me up!
Actually, it was $5, because that was a donation to the Atlanta Community Food Bank, but still. Essentially a free race.
Saturday morning was beautiful.  Slightly cool, but very sunny. Fall running is just around the corner in Atlanta. And look, we started and finished right near the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
At the start

Along the course

Near the finish
We didn't get a race T-shirt with this one, but we did get a very nice finisher's medal.
Finished!

Very nice finisher's medal
I'm sort of sad there is only one or two more Rock N Roll races I would consider, since I still need Arizona and Virginia. There is the Phoenix and Virginia Beach Rock N Roll races that I could run. But that's about it, unless they add some states. And lately they haven't added U.S. states, they've abandoned them. They have added more international races, but I'm not there yet. Let me get those 50 states in and then I'll consider a race in Paris or Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment