Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Finishing on the 50

Are you ready for some football?
How about a race that finishes on the 50-yard line of the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium? Yes, please!
This is the old "Rise Up and Run 5K," now hosted at the new home of the Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United teams.
It was an early, early start since parking around the football stadium is always kind of dicey. I parked at a lot a bit farther away, knowing it wouldn't be as crowded as the one nearest the start line. So, I got a nice view of the new stadium all lit up at night.
All lit up

Mercedes-Benz pre-dawn

Me and Dana ready to run
My friend Dana met me for this one, which doubled the number of participants from last year. I think the new stadium had a lot to do with it. The race, which is put on by the Atlanta Track Club, benefits MADD.
Go!
Finished on the 50!
 We finished up on the 50-yard line, and I wish I had gotten my phone out a little earlier as we entered the stadium. We can onto the field through the tunnel that the Atlanta Falcons use to enter the field on game days.
Finisher!
Falcon statue

Selfie with the statue

Another one to add to the medal rack
The route was a little changed from last year, but no better or worse. Still hilly. But the finish was fantastic. I'll be ready for some football (running) again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment