Monday, November 13, 2017

Getting colder

In Atlanta we seem to have gone from summer running temps to winter. Fall seems to have passed us by!
At least that is how it felt Saturday for the DAV 5K race in Piedmont Park.
My friend Angela and I ran the race together. This is a race that benefits disabled American veterans and this year it was on Veterans Day. The announcer put the cold weather start in perspective, however. He mentioned that this is a national race in several other cities. The Boston race was also Saturday morning, where the starting temps were 4 degrees. Yikes! I'm not so sure I would have ponied up to the start line in 4 degree temps!
Ready to race
This race goes around Piedmont Park along the roads and it is surprisingly hilly. There were hand-crank bike racers as well. I felt for the one who had to take a little break along the route. Of course, I had to take my walk breaks too!
In all, it was a good race, despite the chill in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment