Monday, December 18, 2017

Warm winter

Ah, Atlanta weather.
Just when you think cool weather running has arrived, you run a race in December in relatively warm temps!
The One Love, One Heart 5K on Dec. 2 found me in capris and a long-sleeved T-shirt and I honestly wished I'd worn shorts and a T-shirt about half way through the race. Start temps in the 50s.
This is a little community race I like to do every year, since it is so close to the house and it starts at 10 a.m. I don't even have to set the alarm in the morning for this one!
No photos to show. It was just me running this year. And, unfortunately for me, one of my best running buddies is moving to Southern California, so it will be a lot of "just me" races in the coming months. Angela is moving!
She got a wonderful opportunity for work, so I'm very happy for her, but oh so sad for me. We really had fun running together not just for races, but for training as well. We'd meet out at Stone Mountain Park to run, or sign up for Atlanta Track Club races. She was on the ATC's track and field team, so she was very active with the club.
I will certainly miss her. But, I've told her that there are some western states I still need to run a race in, so she may just have to meet me for a few destination races.
With her now being in sunny Southern California, she won't have to worry about cold running anymore. It will be warm running no matter what the time of year!


No comments:

Post a Comment