Sunday, January 7, 2018

Cold start to the new year

The first 5K of 2018 sure did have a cold start!
The Resolution Run was now a 5K and had a new course at Piedmont Park. The race was nearly all inside the park, which was nice.
What wasn't so nice was the 20 degrees and 8 degree wind chill. Goodness!
I had two layers to everything, but wished I'd had a second pair of gloves. The ones I wore were a loose knit and my hands were cold even with the gloves.
The Atlanta Track Club did have portable heat lamps in the area near the start, and I made several new friends as we all huddled close to the heat!
The Track Club did a group photo before the start, which was fun.
Atlanta Track Club members before the start. I'm in there!
Resolving to run

How many layers do I have on?
I was glad I remembered a little cowl to pull over my nose and cheeks, but it was so cold that breathing into it, the water vapor on the cowl FROZE!
I was never more happy to have finished a race and gotten into the car. I'm always glad to run this race, however. It is a good start to 2018. I just hope next year isn't quite as cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment