Saturday, April 21, 2012

I've got the moves like SkyHawk

The weekend is off to an interesting start.
I took yesterday off from work, a practice I like to do once a month to give myself a three-day weekend and to get some errands done that are harder to do on the weekends.
My plans to get my car serviced went awry Friday morning when I looked at my cat Pollock and realized the left side of her face was swollen. An unexpected trip to the vet's office, where I waited two hours to get in because I didn't have an appointment, resulted in determining she has an abscessed tooth that needs to be extracted. Estimated cost? $375! Yikes. For that price my teeth should be cleaned as well! (The surgery includes a dental cleaning for her. Not sure why, she's doesn't have many left!)
After realizing I was going to be shelling out lots of cash on a cat in a week, I was very glad to get to the opening of RED, the new full-service restaurant inside Philips Arena in Atlanta, home of the Atlanta Hawks basketball team.
My invite last night included tickets to watch the game, which was the Hawks versus the Boston Celtics, and the Hawks won!
My friend Jill joined me for the festivities.
Jill and I at the RED launch

The Ciroc bar at RED

Mixing up yummy cocktails
 The restaurant's launch included a sampling of the menu. I forgot to take photos of about half of the goodies we tried, but here are a few:
Crispy chicken cheese sliders

Shrimp & super lump crab cakes

signature creamy mac 'n cheddar bites
We also got to try the mixed green salad, the burger, the mushroom and cheese flatbread, and a molten chocolate cake. It was all yummy. The mac n' cheddar bites were really good, as was the crab cakes. Those were probably my two favorites.
Jill and I had fun catching up, and got to watch the antics of SkyHawk, a quite acrobatic show during a third-quarter time out. I'm sorry I don't have photos of that!
This morning I was up early for the 10th annual Sprint for Cancer 5K.
I did really well today. Not only did I find 16 cents during the run, I was just off about 30 seconds from my best 5K time this year. Can you imagine how I would have done if I'd just left the dime and six pennies on the ground?!
I realized too late that my silliness at picking up found money cost me precious seconds. Oh well, the piggy bank got fed this week. The funny thing was, there were LOTS of coins I had to leave behind. But let me just say, the place to find found money is around Perimeter Mall in Dunwoody!
I guess I had my own acrobatic moves on the race course, running along and scooping up change.
I've got the moves like SkyHawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment