Friday, May 4, 2012

Take Back the Night, Take a Nap

This past Saturday I ran the Take Back the Night 5K for the second time.
This evening race on April 28 reminded me of why I swore last year I wouldn't run it again.
Starting temperature was 84 degrees. Whew!
Summer temperatures have arrived very early in Atlanta.
Here's me huffing and puffing toward the finish line.
Finishing strong at Take Back the Night 5K
The race starts and finishes at Agnes Scott College in Decatur, which is really a lovely campus. This race is fun because they throw a pizza party at the finish. So I didn't feel so guilty having a slice of pizza after the 5K.
This week was a bit trying.
On Sunday evening, my cat Felix disappeared again. I called my neighbor and asked him to check his tool shed. He did, but couldn't find Felix and Felix wouldn't come out for him when he called. I got home from work Monday and called to Felix, who peeked out from the tool shed. Stinker.
On Tuesday, I brought Pollock in to have her abscessed tooth extracted. Well, turns out she had really bad teeth. The vet removed three of her four canine teeth and one molar! Now she's my little snaggle toothed kitty. She's recovering and eating pretty well, so I hope all of that is behind us.
With all this activity, I'd really just like a little nap.
Hmmm, I wonder who could show me how it is done.
Felix taking a true cat nap
I envy that he can just fall asleep anywhere, including my window sill! Wish I could sleep that soundly!

No comments:

Post a Comment