Wednesday, May 9, 2012

If you haven't got a penny, a ha' penny will do

I ran the Big Peach 5K on Saturday, a race I've run before.
There are some serious hills on this course, so I was pleasantly surprised that I came in around 37 minutes. I think that was better than last year.
But the most interesting part of this race was the found money I collected along the route. I found a penny and then I found another. Well, sort of.
I've said before, some of the cash I find while running and walking is road weary. Here is what I mean.
A half, or ha' penny
I have to wonder when I find a penny like this: How in the heck did that happen?
I found this penny last year, and again my question was: How the heck did this happen? I even tried to unbend this penny with some pliers and a hammer. None of that worked, clearly.
A bent penny
On the way back to my car on Saturday, I found a quarter, so the pig got fed this week, 26 and 1/2 cents. It's the ha' penny that was the most rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment