Saturday, January 12, 2013

Too warm for frostbite

This morning's 5K was the Frostbite 5K, but it was not aptly named today.
For the second year in a row, it was a balmy day for this race. I seem to remember running in a T-shirt last year as well. It was 62 degrees this morning, and has warmed up to the low 70s today in Atlanta. Not typical January weather at all.
The Frostbite 5K is also called Run with the Dogs, and the race allows dogs on the course, so there are lots of four-legged runners at this one, which means I not only have to run, but WATCH where I'm running. Some of my fellow runners are less than tidy.
I ran into my friend Julie at this race, who was with her boyfriend Chris and their pup Brewer.
Chris, Julie and Brewer
Me and Julie after the race

I ran into my friend Jennifer, too, but forgot to get our photo. Next race!
The Frostbite 5K was profitable for me. I found a dime and four pennies on the course, so the pig has been fed.
The race T-shirts this year are really cool. The shirt is the portrait of a dog by a local artist, and there was a contest to have your dog's portrait be the "poster" for next year's shirt.
I happened to see another cool shirt at the race that said "No one ever drowned in sweat." I need to find that shirt!
Certainly, no one was going to die from frostbite today, either. Just as well, I worked up quite a sweat instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment