Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bringing home baby

Oct. 4 was a busy day!
Not only did I run the Cartersville 10K in a fast time for me, but I took part in the Mizzou Atlanta day of service at PAWS Atlanta.
And as I expected, I came home with a new pet.
Meet, Josie!
completely out of focus on me, but she's in focus!

You can tell she's my cat, she wants to sample my red wine. :)

Someone found a warm sunny spot
She's named for the Steely Dan song, Josie, not Josie and the Pussycats, although I have great memories of watching that cartoon show as a kid.
She's settling in pretty well in the house, although initially Felix was not amused.
I knew it would take some time for him to get used to another cat, but I was sure he was missing Pollock and I didn't want to go too long without another companion for him, and for me!
Josie is really tiny. She's probably five months old, if that. Really younger than I wanted, but then, Felix was a lot younger than I wanted and I wouldn't give him up for the world!
So, we are all learning to adjust. Me to having a very energetic kitten who doesn't quite know the rules of the house (no being on the table or kitchen countertops. No scratching the furniture!)
Felix to having a very energetic playmate. Pollock was so old she just didn't move around a lot, and certainly didn't play, no matter how much he wanted her to. He tried to play with Minnie, but Minnie would hiss and run off.
Felix and Josie are just now starting to get along and chase each other in play. Just a few more days, I think, and it will be as if we've always had each other.
I did catch them cuddled on the couch a couple of nights ago, so we are getting there!

Cheers to bringing home baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment