Thursday, October 9, 2014

Cartersville 10K

I took a short break after the Philadelphia Half in late September, but only a very short one.
See, I signed up to run another half marathon in Mississippi in mid November!
I decided I should try to get in four states this year in my quest to run a race in all 50 states, and I can drive to Mississippi fairly easily.
So I'm still running my long runs on Sundays, except last Saturday I decided to run the Atlanta Track Club's Cartersville 10K, making Saturday my long run day instead.
I'm glad I did!
I had a great race and improved my "best" 10K time in 2013 by three minutes! Whoo hoo!
The course itself was really flat and had some very rural scenery along the way. Cartersville is pretty far north of metro Atlanta, and you can see it was likely a lot of horse farm and regular farm kind of territory. I saw hay bales in fields as I ran.


You can see it was a pretty flat course, which meant it was a fast course! I think this is one I will do again next year. And see if I can drop a few more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment