Saturday, October 18, 2014

Rising Up to Run

I've had such a good weekend and it's only half way done!
Spent Friday night watching my nephew Clay play football on senior night. It was so wonderful to see him honored before the game and walk down the 50-yard line with my sister Kris.
Unfortunately, his team was defeated in the football game, but it was a great effort. I got home pretty late, which would have been fine, but I had a 5K race this morning that started early.
It was the Rise Up & Run 5K, held down at the Georgia Dome, home of the Atlanta Falcons. The race finished on the 50-yard line and the finishers could see themselves on the Jumbotron. It was really fun!
The not so fun part was getting up at 5:30 a.m. after getting home so late. Here I am at the start, still pretty dark out. But notice the eye black. ha! Didn't need it in the dark!
Ready to run. Got my eye black on!
 Because this was sort of a themed run, the race bibs were in the shape of footballs, and the Atlanta Track Club handed out little eye black stickers with their logo on them.
The course was not bad. Not too hilly. I've run portions of this course in other downtown races, so I knew what to expect.
Finished inside the Georgia Dome
It really was fun. And it's fun to be on the field, when mostly you only get to see it on television. This is a race I'll likely rise up and run again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment