Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Miles of smiles

I believe I have run my most favorite race yet in my career.
I ran the Great Labor Day Miler, and what made it so special is I ran the race with my brother Eric and his family, including my two nephews Chase and Gavin, who were all visiting from North Carolina.
It was so special to share my love of running with my family!
Here we are at the start.
Gavin and Chase with their game faces on

Ready to run with my buddies!

The whole family before the start

My brother's sweet new (fantasy) ride

Finishers!
 We didn't stay for the awards ceremony. Since we ran the fun run, I was sure there weren't going to be any awards. Oh, was I wrong.
Thankfully, my friend Angela, who let me know about this race, stayed and collected the haul we got!
Should have stayed for the awards!
 Alas, Eric and his family also needed to get on the road to head home after a fun-filled Labor Day weekend. But, I won first in my age group, Angela won second in her age group, and Gavin, Eric and Eric's wife Jill all won third in their age groups. Wishing Chase would have medaled, too, and it would have been a clean sweep for our team!
Gold medal finish for me!
Still, it was a very special race and one I will always cherish. It truly was miles of smiles for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment