Saturday, September 26, 2015

A new personal best, sort of

I'm beginning to think my friend Angela is my rain maker running buddy.
After all, we got water logged together at this year's Peachtree Road Race.
Well, at this morning's Wingfoot XC Classic 5K, we got a little damp, too.
This was the inaugural cross country 5K put on by the Atlanta Track Club. Last year, about this time, the track club had a 10K in Cartersville, which I really enjoyed and did well in.
This year they changed it up, so it was a cross country 5K.
Angela and I both joked that we "PR"d in our inaugural cross country race.
Angela tackles the sloppy course


Finished!
I've never run a full cross country race. I've run races that had a portion of cross country, but never one that was full on for the whole race. I can't say I'll be a fan.
But it's hard to know if I didn't like this one because of the sloppy, wet, muddy course, or if it was the uneven terrain that made it much harder for me.
At any rate, I'm glad I ran it. Not sure I'll do it again next year.
Then again, I may want to try to beat my "PR." :D

No comments:

Post a Comment